Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

An introduction

All journeys begin with a single step, and all relationships begin with an introduction, so let me begin.  My name is Wes and I have a passion for the outdoors.  Well, actually, I have a passion for many things:  my family, my church, my job, my hometown.  I'm fortunate enough to have been blessed with a wonderful wife and 3 beautiful children and together, we live in one of the most beautiful corners of God's creation.  And it's here in the mountains of southern Appalachia that I choose to raise my family with a love and appreciation for the land, the waters, and the creatures that we've been placed here to steward over.

I mentioned that I am a man with many passions.  The ebb and flow of my life has seen some passions wax and wane like the seasons.  Pursuits that were once a top priority in life have faded into shadow or disappeared altogether.  The once frequent, adrenaline pumping zip of a screaming fly reel has slowly given way to the sound of clambering feet, cartoons and slamming doors.  The carefree life of a trout bum has been replaced by the responsibilities of a devoted father and husband.  Passions and priorities have changed, but new opportunities to pass forward my love of the outdoors have arisen.

Perhaps your journey has taken you on a similar path.  Perhaps you can find solace, inspiration, empathy or humor in my story.  Either way, thanks for coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment